Air Transport News award is oneworld's eighth ‘best alliance’ title10 março 2014
oneworld® has been named Best Airline Alliance 2014 by specialist website Air Transport News – which means that oneworld now holds an unprecedented eight "best alliance" titles from the world's various industry award schemes.
The latest trophy was presented at a ceremony last night in Istanbul. oneworld's Chief Financial Officer and Director of Administration Anita Beier received the award on behalf of the alliance.
Air Transport News' awards are presented based on a vote by its readers – with more than 4,250 of them taking part in the 2014 ballot – and deliberations by a panel of industry experts, chaired by former Secretary General of the Association of European Airlines Ulrich Schulte-Strathaus.
oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby said: "oneworld is delighted to receive this honour from Air Transport News – the unprecedented eighth "best alliance" award now in oneworld's hands from across the world's leading industry award schemes. It comes at a particularly exciting time for oneworld, as we welcome on board two more great airlines at the end of this month, in TAM and US Airways."
oneworld member airlines flew high in Air Transport News' individual airline categories, with Qatar Airways named Airline of the Year.
Other "Best Airline Alliance" titles currently held by oneworld include:
- Skytrax's World Airline Awards 2013.
- Business Traveller's 2013 Awards.
- Premier Traveler's Best of 2013 Readers Survey
- Global Traveler magazine's GT Tested Reader Survey 2013 – the fourth year running that oneworld has emerged top in this poll.
- World Travel Awards 2013 - for the 11th year running
- Australian Business Traveller 2012 for the second year running.
- Flight Stats On-Time Performance Award 2012.
Sobre a oneworld
oneworld is an alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Its member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and more than 30 of their affiliated carriers. TAM Airlines and US Airways will join on 31 March and SriLankan Airlines on 1 May.
With these new members, oneworld will:
- Atendem a cerca de mil aeroportos em mais de 150 países, com mais de 14.000 voos diários.
- Transportam cerca de 480 milhões de passageiros por ano em uma frota combinada de aproximadamente 3.500 aeronaves.
- Geram uma receita anual de US$ 140 bilhões.
As companhias aéreas membro da oneworld trabalham em conjunto para oferecer constantemente uma experiência de viagem única e superior, com privilégios especiais e prêmios para passageiros frequentes, inclusive ganhar e resgatar milhas e pontos em toda a rede da aliança. Os titulares de cartão de status elite (Emerald e Sapphire) desfrutam acesso a mais de 600 salas VIP. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports and extra baggage allowances